Water Law, Water Rights, Bond Counsel
Water – A Precious Resource
Our attorneys practice all aspects of water law, recognizing the importance of this precious natural resource. We represent our clients in forming, organizing and managing water supply corporations, water control and improvement districts, freshwater supply district, municipal utility districts, groundwater conservation districts and privately owned utilities. Additionally represented are counties and cities.
Our attorneys represent clients before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the Texas Water Development Board, the State Office of Administrative Hearings, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and all state and federal courts in Texas. Our attorneys advise testified clients, draft legislation, testify before the Texas State Legislature on various issues of water law and proactively monitor state legislation, regulatory actions and emerging policy issues.
We represent our clients in many areas of water law and water rights, including:
- Surface water rights
- Creating and continued representation for various water districts, including groundwater conservation districts, fresh water supply districts, municipal utility districts, water control and improvement districts, sewer control districts, river authorities, private utility companies, etc.
- Water supply contracts
- Groundwater management
- Storm water regulation
- Reclaimed water use
- Public drinking water supply regulation
- Water quality protection
- Environmental regulatory compliance counseling
- Waste treatment and disposal
- Public utility certificates of convenience and necessity
- Public utility rates and regulation
- Obtaining issuance of bonds, notes and other public finance matters
- Endangered species and wetlands
- Eminent domain
At Skelton Slusher Barnhill Watkins Wells PLLC, our experience makes the difference for our clients.