Facilitating Complex Business Transactions
Since the inception of our East Texas law firm, our attorneys have assisted businesses large and small through growth and change. We serve businesses throughout Texas, including those in Lufkin, Livingston and Nacogdoches. From simple corporate formation to complicated business restructuring, our team of experts can assist your business from its formation and beyond launching its entities.
Helping Our Clients Achieve Their Business Objectives
At Skelton Slusher Barnhill Watkins Wells PLLC, we attend to every detail in complex transactions that include:
- Business formation — We take on all aspects of formation and governance from the initial formation through closing documentation. We identify your needs to determine the best type of entity that may include corporations, LLCs, LLPs, general partnerships and professional associations.
- Nonprofit organizations — We help religious/charitable/civic organizations, foundations, and other types of nonprofit organizations form and secure federal, state and local tax exemptions. We have also contested and obtained exemptions for East Texas nonprofits on property tax issues with local administrative agencies.
- Mergers and acquisitions — For all types of business entities, we facilitate acquisitions and other change of control transactions. Our lawyers also help prepare comprehensive purchase and sale agreements and advise our clients from initial negotiations to closing.
- Conversions — Our attorneys have experience in the complex process of converting corporations to partnerships to eliminate franchise tax payments. We also help facilitate conversions involving an existing business to function better as a different type of entity.
- Regulatory compliance — Laws and regulations are confusing and often contradictory, requiring the help of a knowledgeable attorney. We work with Texas businesses to implement policies and procedures that keep them in compliance.
In addition to business transactions, we also provide ongoing legal counsel on day-to-day operational matters, including business contracts.
Dedicated Business Lawyers Committed To Your Success
While you focus on business operations, we take care of the legal “heavy lifting.” Contact Skelton Slusher Barnhill Watkins Wells PLLC at 936-229-3428 to schedule an initial consultation or fill out our online intake form.