Mr. Watkins has experience in personal injury and civil trial law. He has defended both individuals and business entities in automobile accidents, industrial accidents, oilfield related injuries, trucking accidents, commercial litigation, products liability and premises liability claims. Mr. Watkins is also involved in toxic tort cases dealing with asbestos related injuries and black mold and currently represents a national manufacturer in asbestos litigation which encompasses thousands of claims.
He has also represented both local and national corporate entities in business litigation involving such issues as the Deceptive Trade Practices Act and debt collection. Most recently, Mr. Watkins defended a well-known insurance company in first-party action litigation in Brownsville, Texas.
Prior to joining the Zeleskey Law Firm, Mr. Watkins worked for Toromont Process Systems in Houston as Senior Purchasing Agent. He was responsible for equipment purchases for North America and Europe, as well as negotiating subcontracts and corporate vendor purchase agreements.
Mr. Watkins is an active member of the local bar and the community. He serves as a board member of the X-Change Place and is a member of the Lufkin Chamber of Commerce where he serves as a committee member. He also participates in local events and organizations such as the Angelina County Aggies. Mr. Watkins lives in Lufkin and enjoys outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing.
Mr. Brent Watkins is a former partner of Zeleskey Law Firm.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury / Insurance Defense
- Toxic Torts
- Workers Compensation
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2003
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Texas A& M University, College Station, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1991
- Major: Business Analysis
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1989
- Major: Marketing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Angelina County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Toromont Process Systems, Senior Purchasing Manager, 1991 to 2001
- Zeleskey Law Firm, Partner
Pro Bono Activities
- X-Change Place, Board Member
- Lufkin Chamber of Commerce, Committee Member
- Community Title Company
- Phi Delta Phi