Tim's primary practice consists of representing water and wastewater utilities in navigating the regulatory requirements of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the Public Utility Commission. In addition to handling regulatory matters, Tim must also deal with construction, personnel, real estate, purchasing and financial matters. Prior to entering private practice, Tim spent 4 years with the Enforcement Division of the Texas Department of Agriculture. While with TDA, Tim's primary responsibility was enforcement of the State's pesticide regulations under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act. Before his time with TDA, Tim spent nearly 5 years with what was then the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (now the TCEQ). While at the TNRCC Tim was an Assistant Public Interest Counsel. The Office of the Public Interest Counsel is a statutory party to all matters within the jurisdiction of the Agency. As a result, he participated in cases involving water quality, water quantity, water supply, utility rates, landfills, underground storage tanks and hazardous water disposal facilities. In addition to his practice responsibilities, Tim is also an Adjunct Professor at Stephen F. Austin State University where he teaches Environmental Law in the Department of Business Communications and Legal Studies and Environmental Policy and Regulation in the Arthur Temple School of Forestry.
Areas Of Practice
- Administrative Utility Regulation
- Real Estate
- Texas, 1992
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 1991
- Stephen F. Austin St, Nacogdoches, Texas
- B.A. - 1984
- Major: Criminal Justice
- D&M Water Supply Corporation
- Evadale Water Control and Improvement District No.
- Woodland Hills Water L.L.C.
- Angelina County Water Control and Improvement District
- Appleby Water Supply Corporation
- Environmental Law, Stephen F. Austin State University, 2005 to Present
- Environmental Policy and Regulation, Stephen F. Austin State University, 2005 to Present
- Real Estate Law, Stephen F. Austin State University, 2015 to 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Environmental & Natural Resources, 2005 to Present
- State Bar of Texas, Administrative & Public Law
Past Employment Positions
- Texas Department of Agriculture, Assistant General Counsel, 1996 to 2000
- Texas Natural Resources Conservation Commission, Assistant Public Interest Counsel, 1991 to 1996