Scott C. Skelton
Mr. Skelton is a founding member of Skelton Slusher Barnhill Watkins Wells. Skelton was a partner in the Zeleskey law for 21 years.
Mr. Skelton has tried over 50 cases as first and second chair, and has broad experience in personal injury, Workers' Compensation and commercial litigation. Skelton manages the Firm's toxic tort section and handles over 2500 plaintiffs on that docket for the East Texas Area. Skelton is licensed in the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts for the United States District Courts and has extensive experience in those Courts. Skelton has argued cases in the Appellate Courts for the State of Texas and in the United States Fifth Circuit. Skelton has also arbitrated multi-million-dollar disputes between multiple hospitals. Further, Skelton consults on a regular basis with several local businesses concerning litigation, employment, contract and conflict avoidance and resolution matters.
Skelton has been married to Sheila (Todd) Skelton for 30 years. Sheila is the Curriculum Coach at Brandon Elementary. They have two daughters. One is attending Medical School at Texas Tech and the other is at Abilene Christian University. Both are graduates of Lufkin ISD.
Mr. Skelton is a Member of the Lufkin Independent School District Board of Trustees, a member of the Board of the Lufkin / Angelina Court Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Texas Forestry Museum Board.
Mr. Scott Skelton is a former partner of Zeleskey Law Firm.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Discrimination / Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Contract Disputes
- Estate and Probate Litigation
- Personal Injury
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2000
- Texas, 1992
- Arkansas, 2005
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 1992
- Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas
- B.A. - 1989
- Major: History / Political Science
- Garrison Realty, LP v. Fouse Architecture & Interiors P.C., No. 12-21-13, 2013 U.S. App. Lexis 21318 (5th Cir. Oct. 21, 2013)
- Arnold v. Life Partners, Inc.05-12-00092-CV 2013 Tex. App. LEXIS 10928 (Tex. App.—Dallas August 8,2013)
- In re University of Texas Health Center, 198 S.W.3d 392 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 2006)
- Louisiana Pacific Corp. v. Holmes, 94 S.W.3d 834 (Tex. App.—San Antonio 2002)
- Brookshire Bros., Inc. v. Lewis, 911 S.W.2d 791 (Tex. App.—Tyler 1995)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association, 1992
- Bar Association for Eastern District of Texas, 1992 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Zeleskey Law Firm, Partner, 1992 to 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Lufkin ISD, School Board, Member
- Angelina Appraisal District Board, Member
- United Way, Board Member and Division Chair
- Lufkin Chamber of Commerce, First Friday, Chair
- Lufkin Chamber of Commerce, Legislative Chair
- Coalition for a Better Community, Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Community Title Company