Joshua L. McMahon IV received his J.D. from Baylor Law School in 2013. Prior to law school, Josh attended the University of South Carolina in Columbia where he graduated with a B.B.A. in Management Science. He began his career at a law firm in Longview, Texas where he gained valuable trial experience. Josh now has a diverse practice in our Livingston office.
Josh's diversified law practice includes the following areas of the law: real estate litigation and transactions, property owner association issues, estate planning and probate, probate litigation, guardianship issues, entity formation, business and corporate planning, breach of contract disputes, business sales, business succession planning, adverse possession, easements disputes, and various other matters arising in the arena of commercial real estate and business organization.
Josh also has experience handling personal injury cases, including car wrecks, trucking incidents, oil field injuries, and motorcycle accidents. Josh's diverse practice has honed his the ability to represent his clients both in and out of the courtroom.
Josh is married to Becca McMahon, who is also an attorney at Skelton Slusher Barnhill Watkins Wells PLLC. They have two children, Lee and Micah McMahon.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Contract Disputes
- Discrimination / Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury
- Probate/Estate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Litigation
- Will Contests / Fiduciary Litigation
- Texas, 2013
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 2013
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- B.B.A. - 2009
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Supply Chain Management
Honors And Awards
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers 2016 - 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Angelina County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- First Vice President of Lions Club - Livingston